Capital Blue Cross contracted Latino Connection in 2014 to develop a multicultural Latino Outreach Strategy.
- to increase Capital Blue’s community presence and visibility at the local level
- to improve its communications and service for their existing Spanish-speaking clients
- to increase its market share of the latino demographic across Pennsylvania, specifically through enrollments in the CHIP program
What We Did
Latino Connection conducted a thorough onsite analysis, collecting qualitative and quantitative data to fully understand the existing communication in-roads into the latino community. the team developed a comprehensive strategy
to meet the organization’s goals and collaborated with a local university to engage a younger latino demographic and manage project investment costs for the client.
How We Helped
- Expanded the customer call center and decreased hold times for Spanish-speaking callers by 75%
- Created 11 new jobs for bilingual employees in the call center
- Enrolled more than 100 new children into the low income cHiP program by hosting community pop up events across South central Pennsylvania
- Developed and implemented a communication process to offer sustainable in-roads into Hispanic markets in the 21 county service region for capital Blue cross
- Educated the community at large by collaborated with Penn State Harrisburg to develop content for a bilingual cookbook targeting children and families with obesity and diabetes
- Reduced the risk and liability of the organization by providing high quality, certified translation and interpretation services across the corporate entity—both in HR mediation strategy and in external stakeholder communications